Welcome to Ferme du Bournet – a beautiful holiday cottage in the Dordogne Valley
Fabulous open countryside, large private pool, free WiFi and great access to all of the attractions of the Dordogne Valley.
Learn more about the cottage –
This beautiful holiday cottage in the Dordogne Valley was originally a stone barn. Built from the pale limestone that gives this area its distinctive look, the cottage combines modern conveniences with original features. It offers a spacious and comfortable “home from home” furnished with your comfort in mind. Standing on top of a hill, surrounded by beautiful countryside but only a short distance from bustling market towns, famous castles, restaurants and local festivals – it’s the perfect location; whether you prefer lounging by the pool enjoying the peace and quiet or exploring the attractions – there’s something for everyone.
The property offers –
- FREE WIFI
- FULLY EQUIPPED KITCHEN with full-size oven and hob, fridge/freezer, microwave, washing machine, coffee maker and a full range of kitchen equipment.
- LARGE LIVING & DINING AREA; well furnished with comfortable sofas, a flat-screen TV (with English channels), DVD player, books, board games and CD player. Two sets of patio doors open onto the large, mature garden and pool.
- DOWNSTAIRS TOILET
- THREE SPACIOUS BEDROOMS – one double and two twins, all with plenty of wardrobe space and pedestal fans.
- MODERN BATHROOM with a full-sized bath, separate shower cubicle, sink and toilet.
- PRIVATE TERRACE with large GAS BBQ, table, chairs, and parasol.
- UNUSUALLY LARGE PRIVATE POOL – alarmed and fenced, the south-facing pool is well equipped with sun-loungers and parasols. The pool is for your exclusive use and is not shared with anyone.
For more photos of our holiday cottage in the Dordogne visit our galleries page
More information –
We are so lucky with the weather. Spring starts early – April, May, and June are great months to visit if you want to do some exploring. The weather is normally kind, sunny but not too hot, and you beat the crowds. These are the great months for cycling and walking trips. Laze by the pool during the long hot days of July and August. The area really comes to life during the summer, and the calendar is full of local events, farmers markets, festivals and displays. The local villages all host a festival, the towns of Souillac and Cahors have jazz and blues festivals or, if you prefer the classics, St Cere has a great Classical music festival with events in some stunning locations.
If you are feeling more active, you really can’t beat drifting down the River in a canoe or exploring one of the many well-marked walking routes. For the children, there are theme and adventure parks and for the adults – perhaps a vineyard tour? September and October see the end of the scorching weather but the area is still alive with things to do and see. The children are all back to school so the towns and villages are much quieter but the weather is generally still warm. This is the ideal time for exploring Sarlat, Rocamadour, and the many beautiful villages, wandering around one of the traditional markets, or lingering over lunch in a local restaurant.
We live discreetly in the original farmhouse and are always available to provide you with any assistance you might require. We do have pet dogs and cats which we discourage from mixing with the guests. They are sociable, friendly and happy to say hello to you if you do see them but we do not allow them to bother anyone.
What you get as standard –
Well Equipped Double Bedroom
2 Comfortable Twin rooms
All Bed Linen
Large Modern Bathroom
Full Size Corner Bath
Large Shower Cubicle
All House Towels & Pool Towels
Comfortable TV Area for 6
Flat Screen TV with UK channels
DVDs, Books and Board Games
Well Equipped Kitchen
Full size Oven & Hob
Standard Size Iron & Ironing Board
Coffee Maker & Toaster
Large Gas BBQ
Outside Dining area for 6
Off Road Parking
Secure Bike Storage
View our photo galleries page
Rates & Availability